Spring 09 - released soon...


I keep getting emails about Spring '09, but I searched the web (albeit for only 15 minutes), and I couldn't find any information on which date it will actually be rolled over.

I gather it must be soon, maybe next weekend? If anyone knows, let me know!

From my view the major features that I am looking forward to:

* Mobile Enhancements, including simplified provisioning
* Advanced Page Layout Editor, glad this tool is getting a face lift
* Visual Force Controllers, we can now create custom UI for the Ideas object
* MS Office Edition 4.0, still cant wait until we get better google apps integration!

On the whole, this seems to me like a minor release package, with some basic enhancements, still, having this delivered automatically to myself and my customers is great, I'm still so glad I dont need to ask my customers "what version of salesforce.com are you running?", since we are all always on the latest version.

Versioning and patching is always a pain, every 2-3 months I'll get an email from my web designer saying a Patch is available for my CMS system... this signifies for me another upgrade process that I need to pay them for... if only I could find a good On Demand Website CMS! At least salesforce.com doesn't pain me in this way.

I'm still waiting with baited breath for Sites to come out... fingers crossed for the Autumn 09 release? Maybe that could solve my CMS problems too...

0 comments:

Post a Comment