On Demand Accounting?

So like many other small businesses, my own small business has a need for proper accounting.

And just like many other small businesses my accountant was doing my accounts for me, and she would use MYOB.

I must admit, it was a bit frustrating, whenever I needed an update on my P&L or Balance Sheet, I had to email my accountant, and whilst she was quick, it would still take maybe a few hours for her to email me the data I needed.

Emailing back and forth data files? This sounds like the old days of small business CRM?

So after doing some online research, I found 3 major vendors who actually offered On Demand small business accounting.

- Saasu www.saasu.com
- Xero www.xero.com.au
- Coda2Go www.coda2go.com

They all seemed like they had Pro's and Con's, but I elected to go with Saasu, and I must say that I'm really enjoying this product so far. Saasu will keep your contact list synchronised with salesforce.com, but I'm also lead to believe that they are writing a full integration piece with salesforce.com, which should hopefully synchronise my invoices, and payments between Saasu and SFDC - if so, I'd be in heaven.

This type of problem, getting select accounting data to your sales and marketing teams (or other salesforce.com users), is a typical one, no matter how large the business.

There are many integration designs you can use to solve this issue, but it is still a large effort. I'll write another post on integration another day explaining all the options and issues you may face with integrating salesforce.com to an accounting package (or any other system).

But hopefully as more and more systems provision built in salesforce.com integration, we can look to the future where integration is done in a point and click way, rather than needing an army of consultants to spend months to achieve this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment